Newborns are a bundle of joy. They are full of love and require utmost care from parents. One of the things that are necessary for newborn babies is sleep. Therefore, it is vital for newborns to sleep on something which is both comfortable and takes care of their sensitive bodies.
It is advised for parents to make sure that their newborn sleeps on the right thing. Here are some of the best things for newborns to sleep in:
- The Baby Swing
It is one of the most popular things for a baby to sleep in due to its compact design and different price ranges. It entertains the baby and provides it with comfort.
- It provides you with ease as you do not have to rock your baby to sleep which is quite common.
- Without a fully-reclined position, it isn’t appropriate for a newborn.
- Play Yard
Another great thing for babies to sleep in is the play yard and it is perfect for parents on a tight budget as it is safe and portable.
- Has breathable mesh sides meaning that you do not have to get out of your bed to supervise your newborn.
- Easy to pack and take with you wherever you may go.
- Can also be used as a play pen as all you gave to do is throw some toys in.
- Small in size and your baby will outgrow it quickly.
- Difficult to fit into a nursery room.
Here are some of the best play yards for your little one:
- Babymoov Babyni Premium Baby Dome
- Regalo My Play Portable Carry Case
- Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
It is small and has a relaxing rocking motion to it which makes it easier for your baby to fall asleep in.
- Perfect for fussy babies as the rocking motion will put them back to sleep in no time.
- Due to the wheels attached to most models, it is portable.
- The risk of SIDS increases significantly due to the rocking motion and that is why it is recommended to have a locking wheels feature enclosed to prevent such a risk.
- It is also too small and your baby will outgrow very fast.
Other alternatives on Amazon.com:
And cradle bedding sets:
- The Crib
Just about every parent around the world agrees that the crib is the best sleeping option for their newborn baby. It is available in various styles which makes it a staple for every family that has newborn babies.
- Easy to find a crib for the perfect size and style for just about any type of nursery room.
- Various designs to choose from which range from modern to traditional.
- It is one of the safest sleeping options for you little bundle of joy.
- There are less chances of having to upgrade it as compared to other options as it is a long-term investment.
- Also converts into a toddler bed.
- Takes up quite a lot of space.
- Might be too expensive for parents on a tight budget.
- It isn’t portable like other options.